Saturday, January 15, 2011

How to pose for and take a perfect photo strip - Access your inner performer.

If you've been to an event where there is a photo booth, you'll see that certain people have the knack for getting the perfect photo strips.  Here are some helpful tips in how you can do just that.
  There are 2 approaches you can use; the subtle approach and the loud approach.  But both approaches have to be dynamic (I'll speak more about this later).
  Those individuals that are able to get good photo strips, are able to tap into an aura of spontaneity.  It's ok to plan ahead, but allow yourselves to get "lost in the moment".  What this does, is allows you to take photos bigger than you are.  Like a great singer up on stage.  If she thinks, "boy, I better do good.  Look at me on stage in front of all these people..."  That is not a recipe for believability.  A great performer can shrug off appearances and go straight for the essence of what being an entertainer means.  He or she does not premeditate the moves they will make, or the nuances.  These come by giving yourself over to the moment.  Coming from your heart, and allowing you to be spontaneous.
  Still, to this date, the best photo strip I ever had posed for, was a test photo strip prior to  a wedding.  I pushed a button, and the next thing I knew, I was making dynamic poses and throwing my leg up in the air like an air guitar.  I had accessed my inner performer, and "boom", there it was before i ever knew what happened.  
  The subtle approach involves more facial expressions.  These can be very "loud" when dynamic, but often carry a theme.  Each pose conveys a dynamic expression and almost tells a story.  
  The loud approach involves getting up on the seat and basically being a monkey.  Well, not literally. But being willing to look like a fool.  Think Charlie Chaplin.   
  Combine the 2 approaches, and you'll be a photo booth legend before you know it!   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment